Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Key to Happiness.

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."

The biggest reason I am doing this whole thing, moving abroad is because I know it will make me happy. This is what I truly want, and I am throwing caution to the wind and doing it.

I'm tired of making excuses for myself. I'm tired of telling myself I can't do something for whatever reason or another that doesn't even matter. I'm tired of doing what I feel obligated to do, doing things to please other people other than myself. I'm tired of the same routine, the same places; I crave the new, and exciting and different. I crave a challenge because that is what will change me. I crave, I need, I want to explore. To be surrounded by new people, cultures, languages...everything different and exciting. To land in a new country only previously visited. You live here now. Hit the ground running...and go.

If you really, truly want to do pursue something, no matter what obstacle stands in your way, you can overcome it. I truly believe that. The biggest fears in our life usually hinder us from doing things. Moving abroad plays upon so many fears, but fears exist to be overcome and conquered. You face a lot of fears and obstacle moving to a new country, but you overcome them simply because you have to. You cannot live your life in fear, for living a life in fear is no life at all.

The option of this not working out was never really an option for me. It will be happening no matter what happens. It has to happen because I need it to. I need to experience this for my own life, my own passions, my own sanity.

Travel is something I crave. I need it like I need air to breathe. Travel was never, and will never be a luxury item for me, but a necessary one. I have to experience it for I cannot live without it.

If you follow your dreams, and work hard it will make you happy. You decide your own happiness.

Once you discover it, go out an seize it with everything you have.

If you're looking for a sign, this is it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment