Saturday, November 8, 2014

Florence









Photos by me.

I've been able to go to Florence twice; once in winter and once in summer. Once I visited for the first time in winter it quickly became one of my favorite Italian cities. Everything is old, historic and beautiful. Florence is definitely a place I would go and visit on a weekend trip while I'm in London. I love that everything you would want to see in Florence is in one relatively small area of the city, as opposed to other cities like London or Paris where things to see are spread out over miles of a city and take time to get to. Everything one would want to see: The Duomo, The Uffiizi Gallery, Michaelangelo's David, the Ponte Vecchio Bridge and the River Arno are all within walking distance of each other. That's another thing I like about Florence: its walkability. It's very doable to walk around the city and explore as many tourist areas are pedestrian only or have very few cars. When I stayed here I stayed at a hotel by the Arno river which was great to wake up to and made a very picturesque walk past the river and into the heart of Florence.

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that you went! I've always wanted to go there :D The pictures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've been very fortunate to have gone at all, much less twice! If you ever get a chance to go, do it! You won't be disappointed :)

      Delete