Saturday, January 3, 2015

Travel Goals for 2015

I hope 2015 is the year of many new adventures for me. I want this year to be filled with many new places that I've been itching to explore for a very long time. Here are some places I'm hoping to travel to this year:

London

This trip is already happening; the flight and accommodation are booked. This trip back to London is what is getting me through all of the schoolwork over the next 8 weeks or so. I am so excited to be getting back to London in March because I haven't visited London since July of 2012. This trip is all about a "warm-up" for the move in September. I'll check out my school, tour my campus and the surrounding areas, and see where I'll hopefully be living and explore the neighborhood. I also hope to meet some new people I've been in touch with and hope they become new friends when I finally make the move.

South Africa

This trip, as well, is definitely happening. Since I'm going with my school (as the one last big thing before I am done with undergrad forever - why not go out with a bang, right?) I've sent in my deposit and have worked very hard the past few weeks to save up for the flight. I'm hoping to book the flight in the coming weeks, though have to wait for the go ahead from my school to do so. I hope the fares stay low as they are now as saving as much as I can for the move is important.

I'm extremely lucky to be able to get to spend an entire month abroad in South Africa. Most of our time will be in Cape Town and the surrounding peninsula, but we will also fly cross country to north-eastern South Africa to spend a week on safari in Kruger Nation Park (!!!!) then round out the month with a few days in Joburg before I fly back to the U.S. I have so many things I want to do in South Africa; so much I want to accomplish and I can't wait for June to get here - I think this trip will be my most incredible one yet.


New York

I'll have the months of July & August to sort out the last minute things before moving to London in September, and while most of it I'll hope to be working to build up my bank account (thanks London & South Africa) I hope I can take a small trip to New York City. Growing up in Connecticut, I used to visit NYC a lot only being a short train ride away, and now that I am back in New England, though a different state, visiting NYC is still accessible (and cheap) thanks to the MegaBus. A friend of mine Sam from Wandering Grad, who is currently in London for her Master's as well, is moving to New York in the spring and I hope to visit her there over the summer. It's been 5 years since I last visited New York and I'd love to get back there and experience the city, even just for a little while.


Iceland

Every time I see a new photo of Iceland, it ignites a wanderlust in me and I want to go there even more than I did before. I'm pretty sure it is impossible to take a bad photo there - every part of Iceland looks incredibly gorgeous. After I move in September, Iceland is one of those places at the top my travel list. I technically will be in Iceland in March, but just for a short layover so I hope to get back later in the year and really explore the incredibly beautiful topography and landscapes Iceland offers.


Prague

I've written about Prague before here, and yes I still want to go just as badly. I've wanted to visit Prague for the past 10 years or so and once I am settled in London I will be keeping an eye out for cheap flights there. What entrances me most about the city is the incredibly well preserved old town of Prague, as well as the architecture and the red roofs that go on for miles throughout the city. I fall more in love with Prague the more I see of it, and know that the beauty in photos just don't do the city justice; I just have to experience it for myself.


Norway

Oh man, Norway. It's no secret that Norway is insanely beautiful. I mean, those fjords?! No wonder Norway is consistently voted one of the most beautiful places to visit. Scandinavia is a region of Europe I've wanted to set foot in for a long time and I hope living in London will finally allow me to to so. I want to see the natural beauty of the fjords that look like they can't possibly be real; they must be a painting or something out of a fairytale. I hope to experience Norway in winter, covered in snow and in summer doused in sun and warm weather.

Where do you want to travel to in 2015?

South Africa image from here
New York image from here
Iceland image from here
Prague image from here
Norway image from here


0 comments:

Post a Comment