Sunday, August 17, 2014

London love

Photo by me

Recently a family member asked me, "Why do you love London so much? Why do you want to live there?" And I couldn't really answer. There is not just one single reason why I love London, I just do. 

There are just so many things I love about the city. I love that London is a fairly short plane ride away from the U.S. I love that London is similar is a lot of ways to the U.S., but at the same time it's so different. I love the contagious energy the city has. I love that everywhere you can look around you and be reminded that you are in London. Whether it is the 'look right' or 'look left' reminders painted on the road, or the 'mind the gap' at the Tube platform or the black cabs or red buses that are synonymous with London, it seems like everywhere you go you are reminded of things that are quintessentially London. Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and the red telephone booths all belong exclusively to the capital city of England. I love the Underground and how so many people depend on it to make their way around. I love the parks and open green spaces London offers for so many people to escape the crazy hustle and bustle of the city. I love the pub tradition and culture there. I also love how much London itself depends on tourism and tourists and travelers alike. From famous hotels and restaurants, to the famous monuments and museums, London provides so much for travelers that want to visit. 

I don't have one particular reason for why I love it there, but there is one thing I do know: I want to live there someday and someday soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment